What Social Network Fits You Best?

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Is More Mobile Better?

Being able to access your life from one little device has its advantages.  Talking, texting, web surfing and gaming all from one device you can carry around.  Is this the key to happiness?

We all love convenience and truth be told, I have a hard time remembering life before the internet.  I frequently use a computer to purchase textbooks, do online banking, read news, email and socialize.  But I have not made the jump to doing all these things on a mobile device (Speaking of which I remember when a laptop was considered mobile...how things have changed).


The future of mobile social media is going to involve doing something that has not been done before and is unique to mobile technology.  Transferring all the capabilities of computing to a smaller mobile device is a good start, as we have seen with iPhone's, Blackberries and similar devices.  The iPhone really has been huge for showing US consumers what a mobile device can be capable of.  The problems AT&T has experienced providing service for the iPhone has also made mobile service providers aware of bandwidth issues that can come with allowing applications with high data demands to operate on lines originally designed for voice only traffic.

The future of social mobile media is something bigger then Twitter, Facebook, Myspace or even keitai-shosetsu novels.  It is likely that the huge innovation in mobile social media has yet to be invented?

What are your thoughts?  Do you have any ideas for the next generation of mobile social media?

3 comments:

  1. To me it seems that there is always something new that is getting added to mobile. Recently, I saw a commercial for a phone that has a projector...really...is that needed? I guess if you are rushing to a meeting it is easier to bring your phone with you instead of a zip drive? Either way it seems a little ridiculous to me.

    I think our cell phones are turning into little computers. As we all crave the internet and need to be able to connect to social media even when watching TV. That now there are TVs that allow split screens. One for your regular show and the other for Twitter feed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of the TV with the split screen for Twitter feeds. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting about the split-screen Twitter tv...

    I don't have an answer to KK's question about the future of mobile social media. But I'll probably want to buy whatever it is...I'm addicted like anyone else.

    ReplyDelete